Hair fall is a major problem among every man and woman which occurs due to pollution, usage of harmful chemicals for hair styling, illness, medications and genetic factors. losing hair can be quite frustrating and embarrassing. So Hair transplantation is what that might help you!
This is such a procedure by which we can restore our hair. So, it has become a trend not only for those who are suffering from untimely hair fall but also for those who want to change their hairlines to get a more attractive look.
FOLLICULAR UNIT EXTRACTION (FUE)
FUE is a procedure of hair restoration in which individual hair follicles containing 1-4 hair each are removed from the donor’s site that is resistant to hair fall and is placed artistically in the recipient’s site that is the balding area. FUE or Follicular Unit Extraction is a modern and advanced technique of hair restoration.
This procedure is carried out in the following steps:
- The first step is to identify the donor area and prepare it.
- Then the donor area is trimmed to identify the healthiest hairs.
- After the preparation of the donor area, a micro instrument less than 0.9 mm scores each hair follicle containing 1-4 hairs and are these are then collected using micro tweezers.
- Then the hair follicles are examined under microscopes and the most favorable placement of each follicle is figured out according to the hair-loss pattern.
- Then the needle punctures filled with new follicles heals within few days.
BENEFITS OF FUE:
As it is a delicate procedure, it is time-consuming and requires multiple sessions. But, the result worth it all. It is much more beneficial than any other hair restoration procedures. Some of its benefits are:
- The first and the most important benefit is that it is a minimally invasive surgical procedure and provides the highest quality and most natural result.
- It does not involve any linear incisions, so it does not leave any linear scar.
- Small incisions are made, it leaves behind small white dot like scars that can be hidden even under a short hair style.
- You will experience minimum pain during as well as after this procedure.
- It requires very less time to heal.
- It is also a cost-effective procedure.
HOWEVER, THE QUESTION IS, ARE YOU SUITABLE TO GO FOR THIS PROCEDURE?
This procedure is suitable for the people who want to get back their natural looking hair. You should have healthy hair growth at the back and sides of your head to serve as the donor. Large bald areas will require use of beard hair chest hair body hair and more number of sittings. You should have a reasonable expectation from the surgery. The goal of this procedure is to restore your hair in the balding area but it cannot stop the hair fall in the non-transplanted area.
But before going for FUE hair transplantation, you should be assessed properly about the hair fall pattern and the reason for your hair fall to determine your candidature for this procedure.