Hair transplantation is the procedure, the hair follicles are transplanted from a hair fall resistant area of the body to the balding area of the scalp. But it takes some time for the full hair growth after the transplantation. So during this period, extra care of the hair should be taken for the best results. This can only be done by maintaining a healthy and balanced diet for the healthy functioning of the hair follicles. Finally that would help you regain your desired look.
FOOD HABITS TO BE FOLLOWED BEFORE, AFTER AND DURING THE PROCEDURE:
- Avoid spicy foods – Spicy foods lead to the delay of the healing process of the donor’s area. So they should totally be avoided.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited before and after the procedure because it interferes with the blood supply towards the head.
- Crash diets are also strictly restricted – Crash diets lead to a nutrient deficiency in the diet that may disturb the growth of the hair follicle cells, thus leading to the slow growth of the hair and falling off the newly transplanted hair.
- Drinking more water helps in removing toxins from the body and prevents any sort of infections. Drinking water can also improve blood circulation that helps in proper hair growth and faster healing of the scars.
NUTRIENTS TO BE INCLUDED IN THE DIET TO BOOST HAIR GROWTH AFTER TRANSPLANT:
Laser hair treatment is not only beneficial for hair growth, but it has many other additional benefits which make it very popular nowadays. Some of the benefits you may enjoy are:
- Biotin – biotin is the most important nutrient that should be included in your diet to get the best result of the treatment. It helps in strengthening the hair follicles and prevents the hair from falling. So biotin-rich foods like egg yolks, whole grains and yeasts should necessarily be included in the diet.
- Proteins – proteins are another important nutrient that should be consumed during and after the transplant. They are the building block of our body. So they also help in the growth of the hair and keeping them strong. Some of the protein-rich foods are chicken, eggs, fish, dairy products, soya beans, nuts, and legumes.
- Iron – food rich in iron is also very essential to be included in the diet for enhancing the results of hair transplant. Iron deficiency can cause anemia that limits the blood supply to our body parts including hair follicles. This may slow down the hair growth and lead to hair fall. Some iron-rich foods are green leafy vegetables, fish, and broccoli.
- Vitamins – vitamin-rich foods such as banana, spinach, fish, and meat are very necessary to be included in the diet because they increase the blood supply in the scalp and makes hair stronger and healthier.
- Zinc – zinc in the diet is also essential to prevent hair loss. A low-calorie diet with the absence of red meat can lead to zinc deficiency.
EAT HEALTHY TO KEEP YOUR HAIR HEALTHY:
It is very important to maintain a proper diet before and after hair transplantation to get the best results of the surgery. A nutritive and healthy diet can help in promoting the growth of the cells in the hair follicles and repairs them. So a severe deficiency in essential nutrients such as proteins, vitamins, fatty acids, and minerals can lead to malfunctioning of the hair follicles and can interrupt the hair growth cycle, thus having a negative impact on the hair transplant surgery. A healthy body responds best to hair transplant treatments.
Therefore, if you want to enhance your hair transplantation treatment results, you should follow the above dietary tips.